Thread: Log in question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Help Log in question

Okay, the Four Happy Carpet Orcs, or the kids that are working with me on Snapgallows for the CWBP want to have their own login,,,,but as they range from 3 to 13 years old,,,,and the youngest has a penchant for typing,,I was wondering if it would be possible to set up a login that allows them to read posts and see the images, but not type,,,,,otherwise there would be pages and pages of gobblygook.
    I don't know if it is possible to restrict a single account in this manner so I thought I would ask, right now they can only look about if I am around, and they like to show off what they have done whenever they have the chance.

Thanks SeerBlue

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hmmm...I don't really want to create a whole group for them...but, if you create them a login and let me know what it is, I'll dump their posting capabilities and make them read only.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Great, I guess that is what I meant, just no posting. I will create a login and pm you the details, they will be very happy. This has become one of their favorite sites,,,they really love the maps, and appreciate the skill it takes to make them, now that they are trying it themselves. SeerBlue

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Kind of related but I've done the same thing with my nieces , 6 and 8, taught them stained glass. Heartwarming how enthusiastic and creative they can be isn't it?

definitely, I get stumped for where to go next with a story, which we call tells, and they throw in a how about this or two, and it rolls from there. As this is how we are doing Snapgallows, tell a story and then add something to the map to match it, they are controlling the creation. They ask tons of questions, like how do they get water way up in the mountains, and then we look online for answers that are better than just a bucket from the well....There is a bit of magic and technology after all, in West Thrubmorton...So they learn about dutch windmills (hey they grind stuff, too), spiral gear systems, and gravity (Nope, water won't flow uphill). They think all the time how and why now, even Lemur, who is three, asks why, and it isn't just to say why anymore.
    I've been minding them off and on for years, and this is the funnest summer I have had yet. SeerBlue