Quote Originally Posted by randigpanzrall View Post
And now for water currents - my first ideas

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sea currants.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	544.1 KB 
ID:	56728

There are two specialities influencing the currents:

01 The Tudora´ Aomaly, which was a relict of the sunken continent of Tudora´. Here are some majaor islands together with thousands of little islands and the water depht is from a few cm to several meters

02 The Breach, which was a breakthrough through the middle continent, once shrewd by the gods of light to protect mankind on the continent from the dark hordes and the Renegade-Gods, it´s from 20 to 50 km wide and with deep water.

I´m not pretty sure whether my ideas were correct so please feel free to comment

Looks pretty good to me, I only really have one point;

I think you should consider a three-grade colour system for better illustration of the currents; warm, cold, and neutral. The classification doesn't so much relate to whether the water is warm or not, but how the temperature of the current relates to the temperature of the water around it. So all east-west currents should be neutral, all currents away from the equator should be warm, and all currents towards the equator should be cold. Currently you have warm and cold currents in all three directions.

Like this map:

File:Corrientes-oceanicas.gif - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So if we take one example current; your southern equatorial current, starting at the eastern side of the map, it should be black as it heads across the big ocean, then when it hits the continent that's kind of like Australia it should go red as it curves away south until it meets your circumpolar current in the south which should again be black, back out across the map to the east and back in on the far side where it turns blue as it curves north up the coast of that long skinny island until it joins the southern equatorial current and returns to black again for its return across the big ocean.

Older current maps for earth use the two colours but for me it misrepresents the currents, for example as your current comes down the east coast of "Australia" it turns from warm to cold, but the current is still going to be warmer than the seas it is coming into so it should really still be a "warm" current.