Thread: WIP: Ithir

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This is a good start.

If you want information you can go here for the climate The Climate Cookbook
    and here for other thing Creating an Earthlike Planet

there are more complex guides but these are pretty good.

While it's true that mountains are made near the edge of plate, some mountains can be located far inside the lines like the Oural or the Appalachian Mountains. Because it's like pushing a sheet of paper on both side, it do not always fold right in the middle. That is probably because these are old mountains that appeared when the techtonic activity was greater. Other phenomenon can also create mountains like this one where I live Monteregian Hills - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia but it's much more complicated.

You do have a lot of plate, wich usually mean a lot of sismic activity and volcanoes. Depending on the movement of these plate the sismic activity is not always the same. I would say that is you have a continent made of multiple plates, these are either colliding or grinding laterally. On earth, there is no diverging plates that form one landmass. It's not impossible but unless you world is young, it is very unlikly (the african somalian plate is one of them). And sismic activity can also occur in the middle of the plate because of some rapture. This is from observation because i'm not an expert, but I love geography.

Water usually come from the ocean and fall according to the winds. But be careful Chili is next to the ocean and it's not humid.

Last thing, you equator is 3/4 of Earth's equator. This will have and impact on grivity and other things as well. It's not impossible to have a earth-like planet like that because Mars is smaller but you need to consider it.
    Last edited by Azélor; 07-26-2013 at 05:52 PM.