Thread: Miscellaneous Quick Tutorials

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Glad to here it. I was thinking for the next mini-tut doing a quick walk-through of how to use layer styles to create various map symbols (such as city and capital icons). Of course this will be old hat to experienced mappers but I thought it might still be useful to those new to digital cartography. Thoughts?

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Adept Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Glad to here it. I was thinking for the next mini-tut doing a quick walk-through of how to use layer styles to create various map symbols (such as city and capital icons). Of course this will be old hat to experienced mappers but I thought it might still be useful to those new to digital cartography. Thoughts?

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    I'd find that very handy. I'm about ready to start doing exactly that for one of my projects, and it would be great to have some pointers from an experienced perspective.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Hi I am new to doing this stuff I use Gimp because it is free. I have noticed some of the Gimp tutorials are for older versions of Gimp. I tryed to do the Ascension's Atlas Style but it got stuck around step 2 or 3 and couldn't get further any suggestions?

Guild Adept Seraphine_Harmonium's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Would this be applicable to GIMP? I would love to see a tutorial on those kind of map symbols!

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphine_Harmonium View Post
    Would this be applicable to GIMP? I would love to see a tutorial on those kind of map symbols!
    Yep. I began working on it and then got caught up with other life demands. Hope to have it done by next week. Again, this will be a "quick" tutorial, nothing too in depth or fancy. More on this soon.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh