Arsheesh,

That tutorial is amazing, and I'll definitely give it a go.

With parts 1 and 2, most of that terrain is ridges, not big mountains. Although there are many obvious differences between the regions I'm depicting and real life (this is~300 years after an apocalypse that's a century ahead of modern times), I try to use real life as a reference.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Real Sinai.png 
Views:	715 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	56530

Snow-capped mountains aren't right for what I'm trying to do here. It's more of a collection of ridges and hills. My effort in the Part 2 map has a decent texture to the topography, but the shape and width is too uniform. I'd like to try your approach. I suppose I could accomplish this by using a darker cloud layer for the adding mountains step.

I'll have to tone down some of the noise-based topography in Wilbur. I can use randomization and noise to a point, but that's more for the purpose of adding texture than adding topography. The only river in the area (the Jordan) is pre-defined, and I need to fit the topography to fit it, rather than vice versa. Still, your approach offers a lot of tricks that I could definitely use. Thanks again! I guess I'll go see what I can cook up now.