Thread: July 2008 Entry: Kane's Place

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Oh my word! What a fantastic start! You're gonna have to share some of those textures with us when this is over! - What I can't work out is where did poser come into your workflow?

Torq said

Was the pun intended?
    C'mon Ravs, give me some credit. You know how long I spend preparing my posts. Lets keep the topic on Vry's map. I'm just taking a peek at the competition. For the sake of perspective I like to take a decko at the benchmark before I barrel in. I wont be chicken. I'll be fired with enthusiasm. Its my bread and butter. Man, this post is starting to drag on.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

No more updates to the map yet, got a little distracted trying to learn isometric mapping for a bit.

In answer to Ravells: All of the outside buildings, the stone railings, and all of the furniture except for the treasure chests were rendered in Poser. I forgot to mention Bryce as well. The tree in the courtyard was in it.

Started thinking about what tokens will be used on the map. Pulled out a few of my old ones and edited them a little where needed.

Thought it might be a good idea to include pog style ones as well as the topdown tokens. Given the theme of the map, I wanted to try for a coin type style on the tokens, went a little overboard and ended up with these. Some worked out better than others...

Topdowns to follow in the next post due to 5 upload limit.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

The topdown tokens for the map so far (sized to match the map).
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Post Nice tokens!

This is probably where I'll fail in this challenge - the inability to create tokens in the quality of my map. I do have Nendo, Poser, Raydream Studio - so I've got the tools to the job, just not the clothing and other objects to make the most of my top downs.

Creating objects of objects is easy stuff for me. People, not so much.

Excellent job here, Vry, but then as Trevor and others on RPTools suggest you're their best mapper - I have to agree.

My map is enough to participate, even compete - your map is a win for sure!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Added the little garden, more furniture and decorations.

The floor scuffs didn't look as obtrusive before collapsing the layers, I'll probably need to fade those out a bit.

Still To Do:
    Pick some more tokens for other thugs/patrons.
    Minor tweaks.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kane's Place.jpg 
Views:	348 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	4897  

* Extra consideration will be awarded to those that provide VTT elements such as tokens, and objects.
    * This should be a ready to use map with all the objects and tokens already in place.
    * Those that wish to, can provide the maps sans objects and tokens once they have finished, but this is not a requirement of the challenge but would be appreciated by those of us that use VTs.

Looks like one does not NEED to make tokens to win.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave