Thread: Area that's completely without sun

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

You might also be able to do something with geothermal vents. If you have a cold climate with a lot of moisture, and there is a source of fairly continuous heat upwind of your valley, you might be able to sustain cloud cover more consistently.

I don't have time to think about that very deeply, and my understanding of meteorology is fairly weak to start with, but to my uneducated mind, that seems plausible.

And yes, this thread would be more appropriate in the General, or General and Miscellaneous Mapping, or possibly How Do I?? forum. I'm sure a mod will be by in a few hours to relocate it.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Informative! I understand that this would be better somewhere else, but I was unsure at the time of creation. I'm unaware on how to move it.

An enclosed mountainous area that houses a valley that is caught at the crossing paths of a northern chilled wind and a southern warm current. The ocean on its east side is spotted with geothermal vents that cause an upheaval of warm water, which would also promote a very active fish community.

That could be a very plausible scenario, but is there something that I'm not understanding with this environment? What else should there be and at what temperatures would the most ideal atmosphere be at. I want it to be a fairly chilly environment, but I don't need snow. Would there be a lot of rainfall? I know that the Great Banks get around 50 inches a year.

Thanks for the help guys!