Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Panhartha

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

@Psylence: I can't claim credit for the parchment; it's a scan of an actual piece of paper. All I did was set it on its own layer and set to 'Multiply'. Presto.

@Max: I'm kind of leaning that way too. I'm leaving the right and left sides open for some other stuff, and I want to keep the longer horizontal aspect of the whole piece, so I think I'll experiment with placing the title box inside the map and see how it looks...

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    You can see the un-distorted version about 7 posts above.
    Really? Huh, it seems i do not have an eye for this

Map is coming along very nicely. The mountain-bumps look definitely better than in your first iteration. If i can, i'll rep you.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Looking fantastic with the frame and paper texture! I definitively think the title should be inside the frame, it'd fit nicely in the top, just left of the center (that's where you were thinking too, right?).

I agree with - Max -, your border is excellent !

And truth be told, I wasn't sure about your new mountains, but with the texture and colors, it looks just fine.

Some labels put in, and I had a thought that Gondurin, the dwarven kingdom in the south, needs a way to control trade between the west and eastern portions of the land, so there are a couple of canals so that ships can travel overland (with hefty tariffs from the dwarven canal-masters, of course). Title is now added, and I think it looks good without being too dominating. Ignore the little banner on the left; that will probably go away.

I'm not sure I like the placement of the 'Gondurin' label; have to experiment some with that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TNL6.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	3.34 MB 
ID:	59279  

This looks fantastic Diamond!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks, arsheesh!

Well, I feel really excited about this map, which is something I haven't felt in a long time, so here's hoping I'll stay enthused and finish it. It's getting too big to load all at once and still maintain any quality on the file, so for now, here's a (nearly) completed part, the dwarven kingdom of Gondurin. I still want to put in roads, major mountain peaks, and few other things, and as you can see things are getting crowded.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TNL7.1.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	483.1 KB 
ID:	59286  

By Diamond
    so here's hoping I'll stay enthused and finish it
    Glad to read it!

I really like where this is going. And as I look at your map, I think you have a knack for finding good names.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

I wasn't that convinced by the reliefs so far but seeing that the labels will be one of the main features of the map, that looks excellent right now!

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

I kinda want to see how it would look if the opacity of the sea names where closer to that of The Bitter Wastes and those… Otherwise the labeling looks great, really nice combination of fonts!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast