Azelor,

Here is the latest version. Funny; I was in the process of working through that tutorial when I posted that. I may try playing around with different patterns for the border; we'll see.

The political borders were a pretty crude effort on my part. I shaped a ridgeline and two big rivers to coincide with the major borders (Between Kiridin and the Shadow Colonies, both of which are considered distinct regions with their own political affiliations), but the smaller ones aren't based on any significant geographical features. Since these are internal boundaries, I figure they're generally more about the ebbs and flows of internal politics than practical boundaries. In any case, the borders are dictated by the published material on which this map is based, so I don't have a lot of leeway beyond arranging topography to match.

Those links definitely gave me some ideas about political boundary marking. I'll take another stab at it later.

The compass rose was one of my first efforts in Inkspace, and it very much needs some revision. I'll take a look at improving it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coriolis-albums-kiridin+commission-picture56707-kiridin-lands-complete.png 
Views:	168 
Size:	4.19 MB 
ID:	56709