Thread: Thorin's map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Pfft, like you can have too much Makers Mark.

Really I thought you were talking about one package which you would be giving the group of players, but I may be in the wrong conversation here. Also I thought you would be doing one seal where the strings or whatever meets. Do you intend to seal all the seams? Do you intend to stitch it together (I'd recommend a linen wrap in that case)?

@ Falconius I'm open to ideas!

The map needs no stitching as it is. It's folded in three because there's a total of 9 areas (3x3), so the folding makes sense.

I tried tying it together and it doesn't look half bad. Maybe a red wax seal on the knot where the strings meet would be OK. My only concern is that this will force players to break the seal in order to look at the map. I was looking for a way to enable them to remove the strings and the seal intact.
    Blog: Too much game lore? | Diablo 3 guest passes
    Riftforge: (WIP) Map of Rift Isle, protected by elite raiders ( Play now }

Well the whole point of a seal is to break it open

You can do what monarchs and such did with important documents and have a seal on the document page itself (they used to use the royal seal or whatever next to the signature, generally with ribbon tails and whatnot too). Or you could go the Asian way and have an ink stamp on the inside.

If you want to do the string thing and be able to slid it off you could do it with saran wrap or some clear polyethylene between the stings and the paper. You should be able to peal that off the wax back leaving it looking good but still have the seal removable.