Thread: July Challenge: Hebbie's Ale House

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Had some time to kill at the pool today, and they have internet there, so I did a little research on Sundials, as the FHCO mentioned a sunclock cause Cagil the Artificer hasn't got his shipment of spring steel in yet and so he hasn't built Ol' Horsehair his clock tube,,,,
    Anywho and whatnot, after looking about I found the basics to make a sundial, used my Lat and Long for Snapgallows and trusty sketchup, and 30 minutes later Hebbies has a working sundial in the garden, which will also replace the compass rose as that will incorporated into it. It actualiy works, according to Sketchups shadow tools, for the time of day, from about 8 am to 4 pm.
    Noon is called HighSun in Snappie, and in the pic on the sundial, with the morning hours being to the right and the evening to the left, as you look at it.
    On each hour the shadow from the gnomon (center rod) is in the center of the small pillar for the right hour on the plane....I haven't labelled the pillars yet as I can't think of good hour names, so I must storm with the FHCO.
    For their use I will render some tokens of the sundial for each hour to help them track gametime......then its back to knocking on Cagil's door to get the clock tube done so they know when it is time to go to bed.

SeerBlue and the FHCO's
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hebbies sundialj.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	422.0 KB 
ID:	5049  
    SeerBlue is me, but more importantly the Four Happy Carpet Orcs +2 (FHCO +2) are Lizzy (BumbleMouse, 16), Race (Raith Eliathy, 11), Roy (Ol' Horsehair, 9), and Lena Marie (Lemur, 6) Kimi (Whurm,2), and Sachiko (MoMo,1)
    All creative inspiration is theirs, from characters to maps to tells, I only fill in the details.