Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The World of 1883 - Steamclock World Map [WIP]

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

This is looking great - those frames really make the whole thing hang together nicely.

Blog Entries

Wonderful mixture of fantasy and reality!

Guild Journeyer Guild Sponsor Klaus van der Kroft's Avatar

Thank you, Diamond and AzurePlanet!

Made some more progress today. Finished with the geopolitics of Central America, the Caribbean, and Africa. Decided to change a bit how the native Sub-Saharan kingdoms are presented; the borders were too clear-cut, while in reality things weren't so precise back in the day. Fixed several labbels and made some minor border corrections.

I also added the Terra Incognita shroud. Do you guys think it clashes too much with the rest?

Colonies in Mu and the South Indies are the next step, and the Far East after that. Still trying to figure out what I'm going to decorate the outside of the map with (abbreviations for minuscule countries and legend will go at the bottom; maybe will add smaller projections showing the north and south poles between the hemispheres).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mapa Mundi Reloj de Vapor v0.4.png 
Views:	77 
Size:	6.61 MB 
ID:	80339
    Last edited by Klaus van der Kroft; 02-17-2016 at 05:16 PM.

I also added the Terra Incognita shroud. Do you guys think it clashes too much with the rest?
    It's looking fine, imho. I would add a slight halo/glow around your continents label, especially Europe and North America. It's gonna be great when finished .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123