Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
Care to share anything about your process? What programs are you using etc. etc....
I used Photoshop CS2 and Bryce 6 exclusively. I started in photshop, drawing a very rough draft. I think I put some of that up as a WIP. From the rough draft, I created a grayscale heightmap for the land and imported it into Bryce as a terrain object.

Over that terrain, I built the basic structure of the fort walls using Bryce primitives (cubes and cylinders). With more terrain objects, I tore out large chunks of the walls (upside down boolean operations). And, after giving it a basic texture, I rendered it from three angles - the top view (for the outside map), the side view (for the elevation), and the scenic view (for... um... the scenic view). I also rendered a bunch of masks for post-render tweaking.

The rest was just me in Photoshop with a Wacom tablet using the assorted techniques gleaned from this fine forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
Any chance you could post some pngs to preserve the detail?
I thought the detail was pretty good (and if you compare it to the muddy mess I made for last month's challenge, it's downright fantastic). The problem is that it goes from a 900K file to well over 4Mb and I can't tell any real difference in quality. But, maybe I'm doing something wrong. Let me play with the settings a bit...