Quote Originally Posted by Green-Pilgrim View Post
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cave-water-pits-2-800.png 
Views:	2625 
Size:	772.9 KB 
ID:	57217

This is a continuation of the earlier version of the map. I darkened the water and added 'motion' contours based off of Torstan's Water in Battlemaps tutorial. I also added more color to the water and toned down the brightness of it in the first version to hopefully create the illusion that the water was much deeper.

I softened the light around the two sets of stairs to see if that would make them feel less clunky and I'm happier with them.

I then decided to try and create the illusion that one of the chambers before a flooded room was partially flooded by adding a faint layer of the blue as if the water was only ankle or boot high or so. While I was playing around with that I stretched the water from one chamber to the other as though the water levels had risen just enough to break out of both and join in the middle.

The shadows were punched up around the edges of the map to bring them out a bit more and then I lightened the center of the 'land' area to suggest that it was high and dry.

I'm liking this version much better and would welcome any feedback or comments.

Also: Now that I've gotten into the habit of signing my maps - how do people feel about labeling them? For me - these maps are just experiments with technique that I'm throwing out to the interwebs for people to comment on or use as they would like. If I add labels then that might make it harder for them to use in their own campaign without having to switch things around in gimp.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
-GP
It looks pretty good, now if you wanted to populate the map with art objects such as desk,chairs, etc. is there a preferred application or does Gimp provide that resource as well?

Respectfully,
-Levok