Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [Region 1][Map 13][Town 03] Stormlit Cloister

Great work Ravs. I think the whole thing turned out beautifully. I'm already thinking of how to use the cloister in an existing game I'm playing. It may even be big enough to use in a VTT. I like the bright, colourful pulp stlye but I think that the actual floorplan may get lost amidst the brighter colours. I feel its so detailed and architectural, as well as beautifully coloured that it should be focal point of the map, but it seems to be be fighting for attention a bit, amidst the bright labels, title, border and symbols.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Thanks for the feedback guys. I spent hours trying to find a decent background for this. Because the colour scheme on the map is so light, a dark background made it pop more.

I was trying to get a sense of drama into the map - 'Stormlit cloister' suggests to me deep, bright sunset like reds behind a mountain - hence the choice of the colouring of the Title.

And then I went a bit mad with super saturated colours which really stand off the page!, but you're absolutely right, the map gets lost among all the other elements.

I think I might try again with the composition and make a series of different choices on how to present the map.

Massively cool Ravs. I really like it and I do think its an improvement. The plan now has centre stage. The latin inscription is a bit real world for Groam though isn't it?

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Glad you like it! Do you want to make up some script to go where the latin is? I couldn't really think of anything to put in there and the space was just a bit too big to leave alone. I thought of maybe listing the major characters in the monastery but some sort of Groamish speak would be better...

How about this with a bit of history?

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16 june render a .png 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	4949  

Guild Journeyer

Exceptional map! I am literally drooling over this...I want to play in it, with it...Ok, I am getting out of control here!

Great job ravells!

Blog Entries

This is very good again Ravs ! I have been away for a day and it gets that much better than before and it was good then too. I don't often like the gothic style font - probably because its a little overused but in this example it works brilliantly. I'll go and update the WIPs now. Its been a while...

I think the white background is much better than the dark one. I love the detail and the way you labelled everything with those thin black lines (instant info without a lot of clutter). Overall, one sweet map.

Just two gnit-picky question: How do our monks get into the ampitheatre? And, wouldn't there be a direct path between the west gate and the stables?

Lovely map. One question, though: Everything has contrast shading except the pillars in the grand hall. Do they emit light?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast