Thread: [Region 1][Map 09][Town 01] Darkovia

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Back to the June Challenge...

OK, let's get back on topic. I traced my 3D perspective isometric view of the Castle town of Darkovia and started to color it in.

Once I complete this, I will hand-draw the mountain, mountain access road, and Castle Darkovia. Couple more days to finish this up, but I'm knocking this out.

I figure the size of this town is small enough, with several distinct structures that making it a useable map for RPG use, despite not being a miniatures battlemap.

Some back story: The Mountain Town of Darkovia is 789 years old, as old as it's sovereign - the Boyar-Prince Casimir Darkov (Nosfertu Vampire.) Having grown from the rustic outpost community and bloodstone mining claim into a wealthy, independant walled town second in importance to Calishem in western Qashya Mal.

Bloodstones are a "blood red" gemstone with the power of holding 50% more arcane charges when used in the creation of magic items, thus are a greatly sought after commodity by jewellers and wizards worldwide. Prince Casimir has a monopoly on this rare arcane enhancing mineral.

Having secured his down by location, defenses, defense forces and his own dark legends as a Lord of the Undead and established lucrative contracts with the leading merchants in Calishem, the Imperial Mongol House and outside connections across the continent.

The town is largely wealthy guildsman, merchant, jeweler, and military officer residents, primarily upper middle class and noble class, with a housed working staff. Buildings south of the Stirgloi River, beyond the walls of town, contain the lower classes of the community.

Gold Weighers, Goldsmiths, Jewellers, and Usurers (Money Lenders) dominate the rich economy of Darkovia.

The mines which produce Bloodstones are worked by slave forces, purchased from Mongol tribes own slave stock, these serve the Prince's thirst as well, as he does not prey on his own citizens (not generally anyway.)

WIP so far...

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	darkov-wip.png 
Views:	69 
Size:	2.04 MB 
ID:	4959  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations