Thread: Qoloru

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

It looks like moldy popcorn!

I like look of it; the colors are good, and the general layout is nice, even though you're edging into 'must fill every part of a square canvas'-itis. The stroke around the coastline looks odd to me; did you apply a gradient to it? It seems to be white on the eastern coasts, and black in the west.

As far as the mountains, I like the color and look of them, but they seem rather flat. Can you add some bevel and/or emboss effects to make them pop a bit?

But overall, looking good, and have some rep for jumping in with a map!

Thanks for the reply, Diamond!

The reason it looks like "must fill every part of a square" is because this is a snippet - the overall map is actually five times larger with a total of 9 "continents". But I wanted to focus on this particular continent since it is where my next campaign takes place.

Yep - there's a gradient on the coast. I'm not crazy about it. It was in one of the various tutorials I played with. I don't think it works as well with my final colors, so I'll be changing it.

The mountains have a bevel/emboss effect, but I think I need to tweak settings. I agree - they really do look to flat.

Mmm...moldy popcorn. Breakfast of champions...?

Thanks so much for the feedback!!