Thread: Qoloru

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yeah, I get that's the effect you were going for. Let me try to explain what Im seeing though,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	qolorue.png 
Views:	79 
Size:	222.0 KB 
ID:	57147

The mountainous ridge seems like it should connect along a line (highlighted as the orange line) so that would be the highest land near it. The green area seems to be a lower grassy valley. The problem is your river runs down towards the valley, and then crosses over the mountainous area, which is more than likely going to be higher altitude. If you removed the mountains circled in purple, it would make more sense (to me, anyways). Im definitely not an expert though like I said, its just what popped out to me. The river going through there is possible, just doesn't seem likely.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexSchacher View Post
    Yeah, I get that's the effect you were going for. Let me try to explain what Im seeing though,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	qolorue.png 
Views:	79 
Size:	222.0 KB 
ID:	57147

The mountainous ridge seems like it should connect along a line (highlighted as the orange line) so that would be the highest land near it. The green area seems to be a lower grassy valley. The problem is your river runs down towards the valley, and then crosses over the mountainous area, which is more than likely going to be higher altitude. If you removed the mountains circled in purple, it would make more sense (to me, anyways). Im definitely not an expert though like I said, its just what popped out to me. The river going through there is possible, just doesn't seem likely.
    Awesome, thanks! It's always great to have multiple eyes looking at the map. I wasn't envisioning the mountains on that coast to be all one range, so I'm really glad you said that. I've cut back the mountains there and in a few others places and changed a few other issues as well (like the outline of the coast being a gradient) so I'll be uploading some changes early next week.

As always, thanks so much to everyone for the comments!!