Quote Originally Posted by Obbehobbe View Post
Hi!

I'm not sure what it is, but maybe it's the swede in me that doesn't get it. Do you play a RPG with yourself, or is it some kind of computer game? Is it some kind of lobby floating in the air? There are some details that I could comment on. Marble repeat itself, background repeat itself way too much. Though, I haven't tried to do a map in maptools, so maybe this is a fantastic map with the tools you have in hand, I don't know
Well sometimes if none of my friends are on I play D&D with myself and I use maptools to facilitate that. Originally this was supposed to be a temple in the sky so yeah it's kind of like Laputa inasmuch as it's floating in the air. And I will admit, as far as what you guys manage on a regular basis, yes the elements repeat themselves too much. Alas, maptools is more prone to being a stamper type map-maker than a drawing program. The big problem is making it all from scratch and managing to get decent textures that line up with the grid. Also, my biggest map-making weakness is that I adore symmetry :p.