Thread: WIP: Regnum Commission/Sw (I make him a Fantasy Map, he makes me a real-life shield!)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Adept Facebook Connected

All right, I re-did the coast of the northern continent, smoothing it out some. It's still a bit different from the south, but I think I can make it work with terrain differences. I also increased the sizes of the islands off the northern continent.

This is a preliminary terrain profile, with no mountains or airbrushed adjustments yet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Regnum Land Clouds.png 
Views:	388 
Size:	283.3 KB 
ID:	57357

Guild Adept Facebook Connected

Today, I sculpted the topography, WILBUR-ized it, and bump-mapped it. I'm getting better at shoe-horning the WILBUR-made rivers where I want them to go by tracing the source map rivers with a black airbrush for several passes with different brush sizes at about 30% opacity, and doing some follow-up sculpting of the surrounding areas. All my planned rivers turned out as I wanted them. There were a few unintended rivers (including one big one), but those are easy to wipe away if the client doesn't want them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Regnum Physical Geography.png 
Views:	648 
Size:	442.2 KB 
ID:	57379

I haven't had much guidance about climate by region. The client said that black and white is fine (I'll throw in a color gradient and greyscale it afterwards to give it a more-natural look) for topography. I have a few ideas for how to do borders; we'll see how they work out.