After giving it some thought, I doubled the dimensions of the map and ran it through WILBUR and bump-mapping again. The client wants to use this for an RPG campaign, and it would probably be nice for him to be able to zoom in some. I also drew in some preliminary borders along the guidelines in his concept map, hugging the rivers and mountains as appropriate. I also added in labels.

The greyscale is a bit too dry for my tastes, so I added some color. I'm not completely satisfied with the look of the result, but it beats the colorless drab of before. I also need to start thinking about how to decorate this thing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Regnum.png 
Views:	3364 
Size:	2.61 MB 
ID:	57390

The client needs a couple of small changes to the physical geography: turning one island into a peninsula, and another peninsula into three islands, which shouldn't be hard. He also came up with a better overall political map based on my initial coastal outline. I'm at a 95% solution on the structure and placing of physical geography. Once I make those coastal adjustments, it'll be time to work on the artistic side of the map with labels, borders, scales, a compass rose, and maybe some sort of heraldry for each nation.