Thread: Very first map attempt!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

So...... I decided to scrap the last map (not in style or theory, just a change in design for landmass and waterways). I thought it would be better if I utilized the Great Hungarian Plain as a holding tank for the Soaring Sea - instead of the Black Sea, which is low lying and not completely surrounded by Mountains. The Hungarian Plain, however, pretty much is exactly what I was looking for. I went through and did a redesign on the main bodies of water - including adding a few massive lakes where the Mediterranean Sea has it's lowest points. I then went in and temporarily mapped in the rivers (they won't look that way when it's done). Anyhow, here is what Nah'Veyl v2.0 looks like:

Attachment 57152

I also added in a few region names to give a hint at the terrain that is going to come. Let me know if you like the revision!

EDIT: Just realized I need to resize my distance chart - so ignore that little detail for now.

Wip

Huh. It worked fine for me last night - but yet, now I'm getting that error message now to. Guess we'll try again. I added in the coastal highlights since the last version (the one with the error).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CotFS World Map v2-01.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	2.13 MB 
ID:	57170

We'll see if that does the trick. And thanks for following this project Azelor. As a new member it's greatly appreciated! I can use all the feedback I can possibly get, so if you know anyone interested in this style of map, feel free to share it with them. ^.^

As usual - the river lines are just planned, not permanent. If you're wondering what the black lines are for, those are just temporary guidelines for me (the present-day Mediterranean Sealevel).

EDIT: Upon closer inspection after posting it here, I decided to get rid of that noisy glow along the coast - which makes it look much cleaner. So you'll see that change when I post the next update (after I do a few more things today - like adding a planning layer for ground terrain). Ignore that crazy pixelated crap around the bodies of water. I scrapped it.
    Last edited by Veluux; 08-24-2013 at 08:26 PM.