Thread: [PS] Instant Random Coastlines in Photoshop

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Same thing can be done with Image > adjustments > brightness/contrast.
    Yeah, that's the way I've always done it, just using the B/C slider.

I've never had much of an actual use for random Photoshop land masses, but I'm addicted to toying with them anyway ... One of my old scraps over at DeviantArt combines random cloud generation and posterizing with a "base map" of a skull-head for hokey fun: http://temphis.deviantart.com/art/Th...lands-38686053

... and sometimes when I just want to stare at a nonexistent land-mass for no good reason (this happens more often than I care to admit), I have a library of Actions in Photoshop that will spit out various random maps for me in different styles with a single click I'll generate three quick results (takes about 35 seconds each) from my "Random Island Scraps" action below ... (created with a mix of clouds, difference clouds, various tonal adjustments and so on, but all automated for one-click fun and pixel-art simple in terms of the color range).

As you can see, I have a mild fetish for seeing what's hiding under the water, too ... the result is nonsense, really, but it's pretty nonsense
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scrap-001.gif 
Views:	204 
Size:	25.7 KB 
ID:	5040   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scrap-002.gif 
Views:	159 
Size:	13.0 KB 
ID:	5041   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scrap-003.gif 
Views:	199 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	5042  

S. John Ross Ghalev
    Who Dat? Games Fonts Uresia