Thread: My first world map - Feedback wanted

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

It's been a bit more than a year since I've posted but my little project has not ceased at all. The current version of the world map looks like this;

Couple of things I need to mention;
    - We're talking about a high fantasy world that is close to earth in several key points, the central world in my novel nonsense.
    - I realize the mountain range surrounding the lake in the centre of the right landmass on the right hemisphere is not quite realistic but it will stay the way it is for I have a certain purpose in mind for it (key role in the main story).
    - The style I use is a combination of my observations of JonPin's Omadra map with the "Sketch style worldmap in Photoshop CS" written by Moe and posted somewhere in the tutorial section (I don't have a link at the moment).
    - I leave details such as mountains, rivers, forests and the like away and save them for regional maps, save for when they influence borders.
    - I'm not fully happy with the landmasses but whatever the comments, the big green landmass and the blue one on the right hemisphere are not going to change. I need them they way they are right now.
    - The proper projection distortion has not been properly drawn and that might be the map's greatest flaw and it is something I may never truly get right.
    - I have tried to make the lands more natural and I think I have scored at least mildly in this endeavour.
    - Names of kingdoms and the like have been left out because they don't matter right now.
    Last edited by Iggy; 08-09-2014 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Updated image.