Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Earen - A Work In Progress

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Yeah, what they said... really great looking! Others have already offered critiques, and I have nothing more to add. It looks so much like a real drawing done by an ancient, skilled artist (well... I guess it is a real work of art done by a skilled artist... but you get what I mean) that I thought when I saw the river "why would he draw it that way?" then I realized it was probably because of the way it was done in photoshop instead of by hand...

Keep us posted as you do more

Quote Originally Posted by torstan View Post
    That's one of the nicest hand drawn maps I've seen on this site. I assume most of it is hand drawn rather than done with custom brushes?

A couple of minor niggles - the chasm to the SE looks like it should flood with water. Also, I'm not crazy about the sea texture but the land is spot on.

Good work!
    It was all done in photoshop nothing was hand drawn, but thanks for the compliments and i agree with you and the water, if anyone has any suggestions for the water texture please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
    Ditto what the others said. The humongous mountain in the west looks really nice, especially with lower peaks blended in. As other stated, the water texture looks a bit off and is distracting to my eyes. The only other thing you might want to play with is to see if you can get a taper on your river. It looks like it starts wholly formed at the foot of the mountains. The cliffs and gorges all look great.

Joe
    i must confess that the big mountain was formed using other bits of mountains, actually msot of the mountain ranges was done with little pieces, i will explain how i do it below. Also, i agree with the river ill have to work on that as well.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

A bit hard to see, but it kinda reminds me of a scene from "Wizards"
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I'd like to see that colored up John Howe style, mad skills and props.

sorry that i stopped updating but i lost my HD along with all its data. Thank you for understanding

Ouch, so you lost all your maps?
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Ooooh...that stinks!

Note to self: Backup map files
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

yes everything... but hey they say destruction is a form of creation so lets see what i will make out of all this chaos =)

Oh no! I was enjoying this so much! Good luck!

Thanks for the heads up on the ISO mountains tutorial jfrazierjr. It actually gives me a few adaptation ideas for doing something similar in Photoshop. In some ways its not as versatile at the brushes I've already created, and in other ways its more versatile. It's just such a radically different style that is aesthetically very pleasing to me. Granted the rest of this map is fantastic as well. I am truly amazed at just how hand drawn it looks.

Thanks!

Wag

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast