Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Earen - A Work In Progress

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Simply sweet! I love the interactivity. The font as used now (no longer times-new-romany, I missed that interation) looks pretty good.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Ah, much better. Like it a lot. No worries about the flash tute. Now that I know the tool, I may well go off and have a play with the trial version.

Ok here is the village of sulindal, i will add this map to the interactive world map (but i will do this later on very sleepy right now). It is my first time doing a map of a town, let me know what you guys think and i hope my updates are not coming up too fast.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sulindaltest.png 
Views:	172 
Size:	837.7 KB 
ID:	5257  

Quote Originally Posted by megrim View Post
    Ok here is the village of sulindal, i will add this map to the interactive world map (but i will do this later on very sleepy right now). It is my first time doing a map of a town, let me know what you guys think and i hope my updates are not coming up too fast.
    I find the more-obviously-digital nature of the rooftops (and scale-bar and title) to clash a little with the other, naturalistic elements, but that's a point of taste I could echo to redundancy and it may be safely ignored on the grounds that I'm an old coot.

The overall look is lovely, though. The autumnal gold makes it feel a bit sad, but in a dreamy-fantasy way.

And your updates can never come too fast around here; the maps can never arrive fast enough to feed the Map Hunger!

S. John Ross Ghalev
    Who Dat? Games Fonts Uresia

Quote Originally Posted by Ghalev View Post
    I find the more-obviously-digital nature of the rooftops (and scale-bar and title) to clash a little with the other, naturalistic elements, but that's a point of taste I could echo to redundancy and it may be safely ignored on the grounds that I'm an old coot.

The overall look is lovely, though. The autumnal gold makes it feel a bit sad, but in a dreamy-fantasy way.

And your updates can never come too fast around here; the maps can never arrive fast enough to feed the Map Hunger!
    I tried to blend the buildings more with the map itself but that's as far as i got at 5 am, i will try to figure something out now, any suggestions will be gladly taken.

ok update for the interactive map, follow the link below, click on sulindal then click on the image of the town that appears with all the info, you will get the map of the town, click the area inside the map once and get all the info of the main locations, click it again and it will disappear allowing you to view the map without any text.

http://requiems.110mb.com/earenmap.htm

P.S As i add stuff the map will get bigger and it will take longer to load, i intend this as an interactive map for my players to always have in their pcs not to host it on a website (i put it up so you guys can enjoy it will i work on it).
    Last edited by megrim; 07-16-2008 at 12:21 AM. Reason: forgot to say something

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Yep. Still tres cool.

(also... I have no useful critiques... though I did wonder what significance such small villages had... but then I saw the map scale is pretty small, so in a small region, they might be more significant)

Those small villages are where your seven paladin characters can make a last stand for honor.

a bit of history for the town:

As u can see in the map Sulindal is the town between the upper kingdoms and the united nations of the south, during the times of war between them, sulindal was an important post for the military (hence the old guard towers and the military post) but after the war, peace reigned in the south, rumors spread that the king from the Upper kingdom was missing and thus until this day the north has no king. After the war the mining town was giving back to the clan of dwarf miners who settled there.

The town slowly started to decline as well as kanna and rosbur, and the last descendant of the mining dwarf clan Kremli Stonehammer, sold the town to a group of adventurers under the condition that he would still keep the mines. Kremli saw how the town died out and in a desperate attempt to raise it from its ruins (and to put a few gold pieces in his pocket) he decided to sale the town as stated above.

The adventurers (1 female tiefling, two male humans) took over the temple of moradin and made it their residence (with a few modifications), they established the Sulindal Council (consisting on themselves) and raised a tavern at the south entrance of the town. They also built sort of a museum where they periodically display wondrous items they have found in their adventures, mostly shiny useless magic items (to them that is), however that draws many adventurers and potential thieves to the town, something that the adventurers are aware of and planned for in the hopes to loot those who dare steal something. So as small as Sulindal is, its the gateway between two kingdoms and a haven for adventurers.
    Last edited by megrim; 07-16-2008 at 01:29 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Very nice indeed. Like it a lot.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast