I felt like your thread deserved a "bump" but I also wanted to interject on just how impressive this map truly is. The artistry is fantastic and I am envious of your skill.

A couple, errr, requests? With the unfortunate incident of your loss, perhaps (under the assumption that you will resume work on a new map of the same style) you would enjoy going into more detail on the creation process. Specifically, your mountains which I personally find to be some of the best I've seen.

In my maps I've generally made single brushes that I could then "paint" into the locations i feel necessary, but you are using more of a cut and paste method it seems. I understand that process, but the small sections of mountains that you have created still intrigue me. Were they drawn completely with a mouse in Photoshop? How did you color them?

Also, a comment about your forests. In Photoshop there is an "Offset" filter that will allow you to create seamless textures. Was this employed or did you really tile and match everything yourself? I would imagine that using the "offset" filter to create a seamless texture would be a big time saver in the future.

At any rate, you do truly fantastic work. As I said before, I am envious of your skill. I am also truly sorry for your loss. I've experienced data loss in the past and it can be heartbreaking.

Keep up the good work

Wag