Thread: Just messin around

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Took a look at that link from Mid...I see 3 boxes in the lower right. If I turn it up as bright and light as I can get my monitor to go, I see 4 boxes but the grays turn sorta green, it hurts my eyes, and everything gets more intense. If I turn it all the way down and dark, I see 2 boxes and everything gets duller. BTW, I'm using a Soyo 24" lcd monitor, 1920 X 1200, 500 nits brightness and 1000:1 contrast ratio (got it at Office Max for $250), it's supposed to be bright and sharp from what the box says (yes I still have the box) so maybe that's the problem. So I'll leave my settings where they are until I figure out my Adobe gamma program thingy (5 years now and I still can't get it right). I'll just remember to put that soft light white layer on top for everyone.

What I would like to know is how much can I turn the opacity down? This current one is 100% and for myself I turn it off so that it's dark and dreary but all the detail is still perfectly clear. So on a scale of 0 to 100, total black being 0 and too bright being 100, where does the first one and second one fall? For me, the first would be a 33 (because I can see almost every detail perfectly while retaining the dark and dreary emotion of the map - gets a lil dicey around the purgatory lakes) whereas the second would be 100 because everything looks so bright and cheery. The first has a range of dark teals, medium grays, and black in purgatory and a good range of browns, reds, and black in hell. The second has medium teals and light grays and mostly red with very few browns. If I can get a feel for what others see, maybe I can calibrate accordingly...or maybe I just have weird eyes or some sort of elven night-vision.

I had the same problem with color, and then Ravs got me fixed up. Check out the links from his post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    What I would like to know is how much can I turn the opacity down? This current one is 100% and for myself I turn it off so that it's dark and dreary but all the detail is still perfectly clear. So on a scale of 0 to 100, total black being 0 and too bright being 100, where does the first one and second one fall? For me, the first would be a 33 (because I can see almost every detail perfectly while retaining the dark and dreary emotion of the map - gets a lil dicey around the purgatory lakes) whereas the second would be 100 because everything looks so bright and cheery. The first has a range of dark teals, medium grays, and black in purgatory and a good range of browns, reds, and black in hell. The second has medium teals and light grays and mostly red with very few browns. If I can get a feel for what others see, maybe I can calibrate accordingly...or maybe I just have weird eyes or some sort of elven night-vision.
    The first one was so dark, I didn't realize there was a river between them until you posted the lighter one.