Thread: Arinthia - A region in the world of Skenth

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Here is a ~messy~ in progress shot of how this is coming. I've been moving stuff so the floating text is way off where it should be. I essentially upped the image size from 8.5 x 14 to 11 x 17 inches. I then went through the effort of again reconstructing the border to the new size. Since I don't want to just transform it to be larger and let the computer redraw the lines I had to cut it up and copy paste a lot as I wanted to preserve pixel fidelity. It means the map will take longer but I can still print it much more cheaply than the 18 x 24 image I had going previously.

My biggest decision right now is if I want to up the size of the Island I am focusing on or include more of the coastal regions just to the west. It has its pros and cons. If I just upsize the landmass from the initial set up I get more detail to play with for the current region. Having those western coasts gives me a few possibilities and I get to paint some more diverse landscapes. I can also use those areas in campaigns more easily. One day I may create a map of the lands to the west anyways so I may need to repaint them.

I think I may go with the legend in the top right again.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arinthia 003.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	57683

Update:
    I've decided to just do the west coast. The detail in the ocean and on the land in the south west may look like a step backwards but it's progress I swear

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arinthia 004.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	57685
    Last edited by Viking; 09-12-2013 at 12:36 AM.