Thread: Fastest town in the west [Automated]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Very nice, I will have to try it someday. For more trees, you could use these brushes http://www.cartographersguild.com/ma...buildings.html

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by Fransie View Post
    Could you add an action to automatically pick up my lower jaw from the table?
    lol i guess that can't be automated

This is really impressive! Only thing I don't really like are the trees, the style just doesn't really fit with the buildings, and the texture is very repetative (very visible when you create a forest). I think they need a bit more of an outline.
    You are right, now that you mention it, a big outline as the one of the houses would be better... idk how to do that tho, i tried a few things and it isn't so great (inner shadows, outer, center and inner strokes, both combined)... The goal is to make it easy (as close as 1 click as possible) to generate an on-the-fly town...

Also, I got an error in step 4 (Pick road brush) stating that a 19 pix hard brush didn't exist. I did however know how to make that :-)
    humm.... thats one of the default PS brushes (in the "Round Brushes With Size" group). I tough that PS would have "known" by itself to load it... i'll update my initial post with that requirement then, thx for pointing this out.

Good job, keep it up!
    thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
    Very nice, I will have to try it someday. For more trees, you could use these brushes http://www.cartographersguild.com/ma...buildings.html
    Your trees are rly nice btw, i extracted 30ish of em for use in Map Tool. I just rly dont know how to use that in this town automation (with PS actions). But, I just found out that you can do real scripting in PS (Adobe Photoshop Scripting | Adobe Developer Connection) so i may take a look at generating content (like a forest) using external bitmap images... even maybe a town using your town buildings, but automated... i wish i had more than 24hrs per day...