Thread: Fastest town in the west [Automated]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wow, this is really impressive! Super fast, easy customizable towns, I'm impressed! Are they easy to tweak? Say you want to break some houses down, add a big building, a river with bridges etc?

I could imagine this would be even more awesome if you had several other sets so it was possible to have different types of neighborhoods combined. For example, a layer with the outskirts (shacks, dirt roads), one with the city (as it is now) and then another with the city center (bigger buildings, old fashioned).

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by Poison View Post
    Wow, this is really impressive! Super fast, easy customizable towns, I'm impressed! Are they easy to tweak? Say you want to break some houses down, add a big building, a river with bridges etc?

I could imagine this would be even more awesome if you had several other sets so it was possible to have different types of neighborhoods combined. For example, a layer with the outskirts (shacks, dirt roads), one with the city (as it is now) and then another with the city center (bigger buildings, old fashioned).
    thx

You could easily add a river, a town center and whatever else you want, yes...
    You just need to delete some houses... Depending on your version of PS:
    • For a non-destructive way: group houses layers (and inner houses layers) and use a mask (on the group) to hide what need to be deleted
    • Or you could just use the eraser tool on each layers (house, house shadow, etc.) or even the same mask on each of these layers.

As i mostly just automated the thing, find me a design for outskirt shacks/dirty roads and i'll automate it for you if its possible
    The biggest problem with Actions are that the reordering is based on the layer indexes not their names, so you need an exact number of layer to move the layer "Whatever" to index "6" for example... So modularity might be kinda hard to achieve without full fledged scripts...