Thread: Fastest town in the west [Automated]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This is some impressive work that I am sure a lot of people will find extremely useful.

Guild Novice

Hello Ogulrok,
    Thank you for your automatic town script, it works really good.
    But it seems some files (styles) are missing in your archive : "Quick Town road style" and "Quick Town tree style", so roads and trees are not styled.
    It say "The object style "Quick Town road style" is not currently available", I can continue or stop. If I continue, it draws houses, but no roads. Idem for trees.
    Is it possible to have these two style files please ? (or maybe I miss something)
    Thank you.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by szass View Post
    Hello Ogulrok,
    Thank you for your automatic town script, it works really good.
    But it seems some files (styles) are missing in your archive : "Quick Town road style" and "Quick Town tree style", so roads and trees are not styled.
    It say "The object style "Quick Town road style" is not currently available", I can continue or stop. If I continue, it draws houses, but no roads. Idem for trees.
    Is it possible to have these two style files please ? (or maybe I miss something)
    Thank you.
    Hey, everything should be in there, I tried it a week or two ago, after years. Maybe you forgot to "install" the styles (like drag and drop them into your running photoshop), and it should work. Let me know if you are still having a hard time having it work or if you think that I should update the initial post with more precise explanations. Enjoy!

Guild Novice

Thank for your reply
    I have already put "Quick Town Styles.asl" (the only style file in the archive) in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Presets\Styles
    I draw my roads, select default color for houses, but when I execute "The Town" script, it say "The object style 'Quick Town Road style' is not currently available".
    So I don't know what's wrong with my step.
    Despite that, the automatic script draw houses along roads very well
    And after that, if I want to draw trees, it say the same things with another style missing : "Quick Town Tree style is not currently available".

Thank for your help.

Thank for your reply
    I have already put "Quick Town Styles.asl" (the only style file in the archive) in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Presets\Styles
    I draw my roads, select default color for houses, but when I execute "The Town" script, it say "The object style 'Quick Town Road style' is not currently available".
    So I don't know what's wrong with my step.
    Despite that, the automatic script draw houses along roads very well
    And after that, if I want to draw trees, it say the same things with another style missing : "Quick Town Tree style is not currently available".

Thank for your help.
    I don't have photoshop on this device, and I'm out of town; try drag & dropping the file in photoshop (like in the running program); maybe they changed where the "plugins" are stored in the file system; if that still does not work, I'll take a look at it once I'm back home. Please tell me if it works (or not); if it does, I'll update the initial instructions.

Guild Novice

Thank you Ogulrok. I'll try this soon

Guild Novice

Thank you. I dragged and dropped the .asl files in Photoshop window and it works now for roads and trees. Thank you very much.

Thank you. I dragged and dropped the .asl files in Photoshop window and it works now for roads and trees. Thank you very much.
    You are welcome