Thread: Fictional Mediterranean Region (Pre Global Flood) WIP!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

On much the same topic I notice you have the Jordan River flowing through the area of the Dead Sea into the Gulf of Aqaba. This seems highly unlikely given that the Dead Sea is the lowest point of land on Earth, nor does it have any outflow. I would expect to see the effects of it's topography magnified given the suppositions of your world, not lessened.

I love the idea behind the map, so whatever your decisions keep it up.

Edit: I guess since this is a map of time before the Flood you might be taking into account divine intervention, in which case the Dead Sea might be remarkably different in any number of aspects. The first I would suppose would be that it would not be dead but quite the opposite since two major cities managed to flourish there Biblically (and Jericho too which is at the north end of the sea and probably was on its coast long ago given how much the waters has receded). So likely a fresh water lake was there. The argument about its depth however would be harder to change, there is no demonstration of extreme topographic upheaval in the Bible regarding that area or regarding that story. Just fire, brimstone, and salt.
    Last edited by Falconius; 10-06-2013 at 04:53 AM.