So I haven't had much time to make changes and progress in the last month (busy with family and moving into a new place). But I'm finally getting a few things done now, so here's an update:

Keep in mind this is ALL planning layers. There isn't a single finished layer on the file. The rivers are planning, the terrain is a planning key, and even the regional text overlay is just to help me define some fine terrain details. So the text overlay, font, rivers, water texture, and terrain will all look totally different on the final piece.

I just wanted to make sure I was completely happy with the rivers, water, and land geography before I started putting in the hours brushing in the details I like. Since it's a semi-historical fiction world - I wanted the map to resemble what the Mediterranean world could have looked like if it was dry before a global flood.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CotFS Surface Map v3-07.jpg 
Views:	3945 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	58193

I'm going to give a week or two for some feedback before I start drawing in the real rivers and terrain, but after a few months of adjustments and alterations, I'm pretty certain this is the way I want everything to sit. I may tweak a few rivers here and there. I'll also be raising the elevation on the northern border of the Soaring Sea just a little bit, so it forms a ring of mountains around the present day Hungarian Plain.