Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
I like it!

And i think the simple style has its own charm. It looks like those ancient japanese maps made with a brush. It transports the feeling well, i guess. In short: not sure if it needs more finesse with the rivers and mountains.
I understood about the rivers, i see some bugs like how they finish in the borders. The rest i guess is following a simple style like this:
http://library.nao.ac.jp/kichou/arch...2776/00001.jpg

Tnx for the comments!

Quote Originally Posted by Freodin View Post
No, the thing that bugs me a little is the composition. You could move the key and the Shangri-La sigil upwards about three "squares", and get rid of the lower quarter of the map. There is just nothing of interest there.
I tried made the map a bit compact, but when i set the information boxes near to the land it got a but confused, maybe i just think wrong in get more area to not mess the land with the information boxes.
I appreciate the observation and is annotated in my book for the next compositions.

Speaking of the "quarters": what do the numbers on the border scales signify? It is not distance; they do not fit with the scale in the key.
They are distance. In the scale i used small measures for 15 km and a double for 30 km that fits exactly with the dimensions in the squares

And lastly: whatever it is meant to show - shouldn't there be something significant in the center? The capital, a major star-gazing observatory, a central temple?
Err, sorry not got your point. But guess i dont have great icons this time, the only big city is the Imperial capital near the west coast. Well, for my history it shows enough the lands of the 8 lords in the 6 districts.
Like i said before, maybe i need other map showing the war time, wut maybe can be more interesting.

Thanks for all comments