Thread: Software that meets specific technical needs in manipuation of projection and display

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Software that meets specific technical needs in manipuation of projection and display

I need to be able to take a pair of (north and south) polar projections and manipulate the display of that data to show an accurate flat map display of the equatorial region which is cut in half by the polar projections. The following hand drawn maps should make the actual need and requirements pretty obvious.

The two flat maps are an the equator progressing eastward within the first 1/8th sections of the polar grids- I need to be able to take the polar projections and zoom in on any part of this and the next 1/8th segments moving eastward around the circumference of those grids so that they are joined together in that same fashion, if need be modify/clean up the flat map and have the changes likewise carry over into the polar displays. In short, have a single set of visual mapping data which can be presented both in polar and Cartesian projections. I think CC3 may be able to do this, but I'm not sure. If more than one program is capable of this then the next criteria tend to be finances followed by ease of use although small increase in the first may be worth substantial increase in the latter.

----------------
    Now playing: Marcus Miller - Come Together
    via FoxyTunes

----------------
    Now playing: Hossam Ramzy - Oyoun el Fallaha (The Eyes of Fallaha)
    via FoxyTunes

----------------
    Now playing: Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - As I Sat Sadly by Her Side
    via FoxyTunes
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	world.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	129.1 KB 
ID:	5170   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	neck.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	124.0 KB 
ID:	5171   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	narrows.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	119.9 KB 
ID:	5172