Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Maffaton City

SUPERB! I love it.

Guild Novice

The only criticism I can think of is how planned the streets are. If it was a planned city, I want to see MORE of the culture planning it! Maybe a rival culture on a different coastline, or some landlocked place with mineral resources... Sounds fun to me... A lot of work, too, but fun...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Nice job! One to be proud of...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Llannagh's Avatar

Very nice indeed. Makes me want to ditch my overland map and start a city map!

Guild Apprentice

Oh yeah, i was thinking about trying a city map, sure! You know, i have this big cool city from a campaign of mine, it should work...

Then i looked the map of Maffaton.

Now i am thinking about learning how the **** people makes maps like this one.
    And then maybe i'll give a try...

A wonderful map!

By the way: why "Maffaton"?
    In italian it has a really curious sound... don't take me wrong, but it is similar to some slang words, related to "mafia"
    in some zones, the word "maffata" is used as a shortened version of the slang "mafiosata", meaning more or less "an action in mafia style". So if i should use "maffaton" as a city name with my players, probably they will start laughing and asking if there are shady guys with a coppola at the street corners

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EruSilme View Post
    Now i am thinking about learning how the **** people makes maps like this one.
    Time.

Quote Originally Posted by EruSilme View Post
    By the way: why "Maffaton"?
    In italian it has a really curious sound...
    I'm not Italian. But hey, maybe in Swahili "Maffaton" sounds vaguely like "Maffedon" which means something like "really cool city map that some dude made on his computer because he has no life." Then the name makes total sense. Who knows.
    Last edited by Daelin; 10-09-2013 at 10:21 AM.

Guild Apprentice

ahahah maybe we should ask to someone with the knowledge of swahili

However: it's not only time, if you ask me!
    The details, like the city pavement, or the small trees in the gardens; the appealing colors; the quality even of the small map in the corner... all of this speak loudly about "skill"

Relic Kimah is right, it does seem a very "planned" city, but that serves to make it more intriguing. I love the textures and drawing style you've made use of.

The nomenclature is interesting, too - bits from lots and lots of different random bits of European esoterica. Very fantasy, makes me wonder what the people are like, and how they come to name their places so.

Blog Entries

Wow, this map is pretty cool.

I'm sure everyone else has already listed what they like best. I just think it works well together overall, which is fairly important.

Great map

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast