Thread: Nalduway - WIP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

I'm guessing NaNoWriMo! Just 'cause, you know, a novel in November...

If the dark green areas are forests you could definitely add some texture and a subtle emboss to bring them up a bit, and like Domino says, adding some shading to the coastal regions would set off your land masses a bit more. I don't know GIMP but I understand it's similar to photoshop, so you could start by just playing around with layer effects for your ocean, plains, and forest layers.

I'm also a big fan of the shape of the continents. Satisfying landforms aren't always easy to create.

cheers,
    Meshon

Thank you both! And, yes, i was referring to NaNoWriMo. I'm very excited.

I am planning to add more colors, particularly to indicate deserts and possibly other geographical areas. (I also have several other layers with information I need for the story, but those are mostly functional). Adding depth and texture sounds like a good idea too.

I'm still not quite satisfied with the mountains. I like them better than my original design, which was basically color-coding for elevation, but they still feel off - maybe adding depth to the rest of the land will help with that.