Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Abandoned Maps

Guild Journeyer

jfrazierjr has/had map 5 Charnok but it seems the last post was a few months ago. I would like to claim it. I think i have something to keep that near by "mongol hoard" busy...

Post I'd like a piece of that pie. Tile 24

Any way I could take the sea tile for 24, and modify it to be a series of islands?

If you could give me a general idea of the dimensions and scale of the tile area, I can do a fractal for it.

Also any idea of the climate of the tile? would it be more tropical, or is it more temperate?

thanks, I assume no one had it since its a sea tile.

Ken

Post found some of the info digging around.

I found some of the info digging through the forums. You guys have an enormous job of keeping the wheels on this thing.

Great job so far.

My 2cents keep everyone on Region 1, until all tilles are submitted. It will keep eveyone focused. Good job so far. Herculean really.

Quote Originally Posted by kenohhkc View Post
    Any way I could take the sea tile for 24, and modify it to be a series of islands?

If you could give me a general idea of the dimensions and scale of the tile area, I can do a fractal for it.

Also any idea of the climate of the tile? would it be more tropical, or is it more temperate?

thanks, I assume no one had it since its a sea tile.

Ken
    Still no answer? Personally I wouldn't have a problem with it, but I'm not the one who makes those decisions. Might try sending a pm to Torq, who is the project lead.

As for the area, each square is roughly 600 miles square. The climate there is fairly temperate, at least that's the way I've imagined the Witchlight Strand (area 25 just to the right of the one you want). It's kind of a plainsy region near the coast and gets a little more rocky and badlandish farther east. I'd imagine any islands in that area to be a bit like southern Florida or New Orleans or something--hot and humid. But that's just me.

Ken, if no one has answered then just go for it and make the map. Torq has been offline for a few months now so I don't think you'll be getting a response from him anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Torq has been offline for a few months now so I don't think you'll be getting a response from him anytime soon.
    Do we know why he's offline?
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    No. to tell the truth I'm a bit concerned.
    Well, that's the internet for you. People tend to disappear suddenly and who knows for what reasons.
    Hope he's coming back...
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Blog Entries

His last two posts talk about how busy he was and doing some kind of vacation work thing with no internet access and how he misses the guild so he will be back I am sure.

And speaking of missing members, where the heck is Pyrandon?
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast