Thread: September/October 2013 Lite Challenge: isola di St. George

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice

ok, dealine is coming and games are over ...

in a great haste, i finished the work.
    I do not like it so much: too... unfinished, not well blended. I think i should have made it better.
    But hey, this is it

The story of the map, so far.

It has been drawed by a clerk from the "Libera compagnia commerciale d'occidente", and it depicts an island, San Giorgio, largely unexplored, but nominally owned by the Company itself.
    The isle presents only two relevant settlements, "Città di San Giorgio" and the fortified and unmapped little "Isola del cranio", along wiht a couple of tiny outposts.
    The large part of the land is officially unexplored, as i said: but there is someone, UknownGuy_n°1, who discovered something related to the native tribes, a secret that probably light up some shady project of the Company.
    UnknownGuy_n°1 disappeared, but his diary was found by BadGuy_n°1, a pirate; using a map of San Giorgio borrowed somewhere in the venetian offices of the Company, BadGuy_n°1 started putting notes on the parchment in red ink, copying a lot of citations by the diary, along as personal annotations and hints from other sources.
    BadGuy_n°1 will encounter a couple of times the ToughGuysPCs, until his premature death (notice the hole in the map, stained with blood!).
    So this is how it comes that the PCs will find themselves staring at the map.

Tecniques used:

Realized entirely in Photoshop CS3, with a Wacom Bamboo tablet (initial sketch in Autorealm); some pre made visual elements borrowed from various internet sources.
    The map is intended for screen visualization by the PCs, not for print.

### Winner ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	isola_san_giorgio_finale.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	58347
    Last edited by ChickPea; 08-26-2018 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Added winner tag