Thread: Ihmlán

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Ihmlán

This is the world I've been working on for a fantasy genre campaign. I'll attach a PDF of the most complete 'view' of the map, and put a link to the CC3 file I'm working on. You'll have to extract the file to view the compass rose and cartouche, as they're custom symbols.

For reference, this is a spherical earth size world (25000 miles circumference) - I haven't put in a scale bar because I haven't found or designed one that I'm satisfied with for the map style.

Here's the link to the CC3 file: http://www.mediafire.com/?jzn3gzttgzy

There's a ton of 'extra' stuff on the CC3 file. I'm working on my hyperlink skills, and have put in buttons for Political & Geographical names, Altitude, Climate, Rainfall, and Temperature views (all of which you can get from Fractal Terrains, but I'm modifying them heavily - Temperature is the only one I haven't done anything with as yet). On the Climate view, I've put in additional hyperlinks: If you 'click' on the specific climate type in the bar the map will display only that climate, making it much easier to view the extents of that particular climate.

Eventual plans include hotlinks to 'gaming style' campaign maps, as well as hotlinks to specific regional maps - perhaps even to detailed maps of particular cities. Basically an interactive atlas for the entire world. What I lack in skill I more than make up for in ambition, I guess.

As always, I'm very much open to any questions, feedback or suggestions - this has been a learning experience so far and I want to keep going with that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ihmlán CG.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	3.39 MB 
ID:	5226  
    Last edited by Mowgli; 07-13-2008 at 07:46 PM.
    Craig's Cartography
    Campaign Cartographer 3 User