Thread: First attempt of map, but it looks kind of dull - now what?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Down under there is a jungle hidden in a ring of mountains. Seeing mountain ranges like e.g. the Andes on Earth, I can't see anything wrong with mountains next to water - or is there?
    The issue isn't so much "mountains next to water" as the shape of the mountains. Mountain ranges on Earth don't form circular loops because they generally form along plate boundaries. The issue is "How was this world made?"
    While the world is supposed to be round, the continents are depicted as if "flattened out", the white northern as well as the southern rim are the north and the south pole respectively ..
    Anything wrong with that?
    A map that does that doesn't preserve shapes. That's what I meant when I said the circle wouldn't be circular.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected schattentanz's Avatar

Hi guys

Once again, thank you for your replys

As mentioned before, I toyed with a tutorial .. watch the result:

Attachment 58566

It's just plain awesome

Oh - and the world is a fantasy world created by a schizophrenic deity, so screw logic .. The mountain circle works, just because! No other reason needed

On a more serious note: If that mountain circle actually is supposed to be a circle - do I have to draw it differently on the map then?? (just wondering ..)

Thanks and kind regards,
    Kai
    Last edited by schattentanz; 10-20-2013 at 02:54 PM.