Quote Originally Posted by Arsheesh
Sounds like a wonderful project, I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh
Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
Holy c...! Very cool! Colour me extremely interested!
Care to talk system for a bit? I'm a long time roleplayer with an interest for game-mechanics.

And good choice for cartographer! SK is very talented! I'm sure the map will be awesome
Glad to have you interested. Actually, public playtesting will be open hopefully around the end of October. We are having roleplaying groups around the world try it out using a small pamphlet of rules and setting guidelines. You can always sign up for that (and I plan on posting about it on RPG-specific boards). But to be brief and conceptual about it: it is my belief that, if a game is to take place in such a specific setting, that it deserves its own ruleset. We are not using existing systems, but are making one that is tied to our setting and storyline.

I would say we are far more influenced/inspired by the relatively recent "Fate" than D&D/L5R or GURPS. For example, our system does not have attribute scores in the traditional sense, and we like using descriptors instead of numbers. It's a lot about characters and their flaws, and using those flaws to do interesting things (or overcoming them). We do give the GM considerable leeway, depending on the kind of game she wants to organize -- but overall, the system is catered to creating dynamic, intriguing characters/situations, and not "invincible katana-wielding samurai of destruction" or "fireball-breathing monks of magic". Essentially, our system reflects our concept.

- Nick