Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: [WIP] World of Eldoran

Thanks for your help. The map with the corrections of Lingon & DZFaeley.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eldoran cte 2.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	4.11 MB 
ID:	59535
    Hope you'll like it.
    And I think I'm gonna go with those kind of shields on the top of the political map.

Name:	Eldoshields.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	59536

I'm working on the political map right now. I just finished the shields as you can see below.

Name:	Eldoran PS2.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	4.27 MB 
ID:	59571

I have troubles for labels... Too numerous I fear. Would you lowered the number of cities? What I previous can be seen on the right part of the map : smaller cities are 10,000 inhabitants, and I think I should remove it except for regional capitals OR leave the symbols but with no labels... What do you think?

And if someone knows a good way to put administrative regions names without interfering with cities names, I would be glad to read it...

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Sea labels look perfect now! The political map is awesome, I really can't say which variant I like better, the political or the main map. Though I think the shields are just a tiny bit to brightly colored. As for the city labels, I would probably have chosen to not show the smallest cities. Leaving the dots but not writing their names could make it look like you forgot to label them

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

I agree with Lingon on both points, shields bright colors and smallest cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    And if someone knows a good way to put administrative regions names without interfering with cities names, I would be glad to read it...
    Play with kerning to avoid overlapping.

Maps like yours make me see how far I still have to go. Beautiful!

Thanks WillyWombat! Honestly, I've come a long way myself, and mainly thanks to the guild!

An correction on the shields, after your good consels . I think it's better like that actually, don't you think?

Name:	Eldo shields2.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	835.1 KB 
ID:	59583

@ - Max - : I think I'm gonna just lower the information content a bit more... It's a world map after all!

Wow, Ilanthar, i really dig that political map, especially with all those cool shields. Well done!
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

I really like the main map, but the political one is definitely my fave! Really beautiful work, and I think your new shields, with the more muted colours, look perfect now!

Thanks to both of you!

I'm struggling with the labels but I hope to post next update of the political map soon.

Ok, I need help and advices again about those damn labels...

I suppressed more cities (only region capitals & cities over 100,000) but I have the feeling that it's still "crowded" where the regions are small. And above all, I'm not sure if it's readable at all.

Name:	Noveon about labels.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	59600
    Should I put just numbers and the regional names in a legend? Change the font? Any advice would be useful I think...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast