Thread: [WIP] World of Eldoran

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Well, no Boba Fett, Eldoran is more close to the world of Bas-Lag (if you know China Mieville and Perdido Street Station) : strange technology & magic.
    But you're right somehow : a kind of cataclysm happened a few centuries before this map and it was a kind of a great war against the "astrals" (supposed to be from the outer world, so Boba is not far )

Well, I know for the flat lands, you're the second with Viking to pointed it out, so... I guess I'll have more work than expected!
    Sounds like an interesting setting. You know, if you're working on it in Photoshop or comparable, try just slapping down a pattern overlay with a reduced size and opacity in some of those areas as that should break up the flat enough. Of course, if you're going a bit more for a flatter look - a map that's trying to single out mountains and rivers as major landmarks - try boosting the layer (a little) to make it look like it's printed on "Ye Ol' Paper"/Animal Skin/Papyrus/Grass/Fungi(I should try fungus paper sometime...) and that might put you more on track.
    Last edited by Psylence; 10-24-2013 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Because I derp'ed