Thread: [WIP] World of Eldoran

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks for your comment !

By Viking
    the landmasses are a little too similar in size and shape
    Ah? I'm a bit surprised. I agree for the similar sizes, but for the shapes, I didn't have that feeling. Anyway, the fantasy setting is done since too much time for a change...

By Viking
    I am not sure how you accomplished the elevation
    I've walked a strange path to get those mountains... It's the result of a test. On my old map, I did the mountains with wilbur (not the usual way to my mind). So I took them and apply an effect in Inkscape ("liquid drawing") cause I wanted something more like "level lines" (the setting is not easy to date, but the closest is "victorian").
    The result was this but with a lot of "noise" in the plains and and almost flat lands... So I cleaned it up to get something close to my purpose.

I'm gonna see if I can do something to get something less "abrupt" and with a more "natural feeling" as you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Thanks for your comment !

Ah? I'm a bit surprised. I agree for the similar sizes, but for the shapes, I didn't have that feeling. Anyway, the fantasy setting is done since too much time for a change...
    It only bothered me very very slightly and more the size and spacing of things but it is definitely a matter of personal taste! I should have stressed the mildness of my critique more

Thank you for explaining your process by the way!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Finished Maps: Skenth - Prints Available!
    Works in Progress: Arinthia - region of Skenth

Need something commissioned? Send me a message!