Hi everyone !

I was wandering the web when I found this forum, and I liked it from the very first minute. I just happen to love fantasy, especially in novels, but I played a few computer RPGs too, and always enjoy a good movie set in a fantasy world.
I do love maps too. I remember spending hours reading the big world atlas at home, watching in amazement the names of the cities in far countries, on each new page...

Now of course, when you put both together... I spent the whole day yesterday watching your maps of imaginary places, and I was both amazed by the beauty of the images themselves, and deeply lost in thoughts of marvelous worlds, trying to figure out what could be the lives of these people like.

Although I first registered to be able to watch the maps (I confess ^^), it also reminded me of my project of novel (a fantasy novel, of course), and of the few maps I drew back then when I was designing the world. They are now long buried in stacks of old papers, but I suppose it could be the right moment to get them back.

Unfortunately, I am not really skilled in graphic arts. I draw awfully bad and was never able to put on paper (or computer) what I had in mind. I do have, though, some basic skills with the GIMP and Inkscape (on which I worked a bit as a developper), and I hope I'll be able to improve them with the help of your tutorials and the inspiration I'll find here.

I'm looking forward to have an awesome lot of fun here !
Cheers,
Tenoch