Thread: My First Fantasy Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice

Thanks for the kind comments Domino. I fixed the map overlapping out of the border as you mentioned since it did look tacky. Still have plans to address the feeling of cold in the north as well but have been getting sidetracked with other things here and there. Finally settled on a look for the trees that I liked and will be ironing all that out next. The shields are placeholders and were created by Max for his Selvarin map (I will gladly remove them asap if Max or the site has any issue at all). Some of the names for places were also plundered from other folks but may also be changed for the final map.

I feel like the map is starting to come together and am liking things so far and really enjoying the process of map making. It is quite enjoyable. However, I believe I have a long way to go and much to learn still so I am all ears, eager and willing to learn from the masters. Thanks for looking...

EDIT: Looking for any suggestions on creating a more appealing look to the cold environments in the north. I figured I can easily paint the tips of the mountains but what else can be done to make it come together?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	3.82 MB 
ID:	58927
    Last edited by Ome; 11-08-2013 at 12:43 AM.