Hi there

I'm new here, though I have been reading and trying many of the tutorials on here. They have been very useful and informative (I've understood some of it as well as just copying the steps). Maybe I should add, I'm working in Gimp and my knowledge is at the "I need to do X, let's find someone who explains how to do that". Anyway, here's my difficulty:

I'm trying to create a map for a game (the guy running it has done the outlines and types of land). I wanted to give it an appropriate look and feel (it's set in ancient Japan) and I've found an image of a map that has a lovely style for what I want. The first thing I'm looking at is how to re-create the look of this paper. I've gone through Rob A's old paper/parchment tutorial and Candacis's antique style maps one. What I have so far is shown in the picture below (it's Rob A's tutorial except I didn't bump the texture as I wanted to keep the paper smooth (and I liked the look of this).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trying Old Paper.png 
Views:	141 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	58743

The other image shows the colouring and style of the map I'm basing this work on.

What I want to know is how can I colour my paper to match the colouring of that original?

cheers and thanks for any help
Guy