Thread: Pre-Cataclysmic World (Pangea-type map)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Update!

So I finally fleshed out a lot of the terrain and major climate areas. Still need to get the river systems laid out and added in. Also going to rework the visual style so it doesn't look so blotchy. I'm totally not happy with this version yet at all - from a graphical standpoint anyways. But it's an important step as far as terrain and world layout. Also getting the major climate zones mapped was important. Definitely a lot of adjustments going forward... but here it is so far:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pangeav4.jpg 
Views:	1391 
Size:	616.3 KB 
ID:	59243

Just wanted to note that it is a very reduced size (my internet is crappy today, and the graphical details aren't super important at this stage anyways). I still need to clip my mountain areas and feather them out to get rid of the harsh lines - so try to ignore that.

Default More Big Updates!!

Made of TON of graphical improvements to the map. Still need to map in the rivers - that's the largest major component missing. After that it will be a lot of labeling, and some cosmetic pieces of art (compass, borderart, etc). It's kind of my own twist on Ascension's Atlas style.

FYI this is a MASSIVELY reduced res version (the PDB file is nearly 4GBs at this point...):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pangea15percentreduce.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	59337

Would love to hear what people think of the aesthetics so far!